As good as the profession is, it can be hijacked by criminals to carry out illicit and illegal activities. Think about it, they can almost make any spare key. They can break into almost any lock and since they manufacture the security doors,they have knowledge of its weak points and how it responds under different circumstances.
they can also gain access into confidential and personal files.
1. Locksmiths help to provide emergency services to customers – You get locked out of your house or your car, then they are the ones you call. saving a lot if time and effort that would have been wasted in trying to find another way in.
2. Lock smiths are also very useful for investigations in terms of security. Because of their knowledge about personal, industrial and commercial security. they can help to break into criminal hideouts and warehouses for illegal products.
3. they serve as a means of boosting the economic power of people. the profession keeps a lot employed and busy, helping them to make ends meet. With a growth rate of about 18% envisaged between 2010 and 2020, there is substantial contribution to the economy.
4. Locksmiths help in the manufacture of security doors and locks. this is one way of ensuring security of lives and properties.
5. the training is not unnecessarily prolonged and rigorous. you can enrol and in a few months time you can obtain your license to practice as a locksmith
5. Working as a locksmith provides the avenue to know the neighborhood really well. Due to the number of calls received from various destinations, the locksmith would with time master the in and out of the city, knowing all types of routes, especially the shortcuts to getting to whatever destination.
6. Satisfaction that comes with saving people from difficult situations is a real thing of joy. There is no better feeling than bringing relief to someone who needs to get into a house or car as soon as possible..
7. They do not earn as much as some other professionals and except for big shots, the average national salary according to the Office for National Statistics is about £23,000 as at 2011 and the employment growth rate is fixed at about 18% between 2010 and 2020. This is just average as compared with its other peers.
8. Locksmiths would have to respond to distressed clients at any time. Irrespective of the location or time, a locksmith has to respond swiftly because most of the times, the clients are often greatly disturbed due to the fact they are usually locked out- who would not be? They cannot specifically determine work hours because calls can come in at any time. Quite a number of times, the call might be an emergency. This means that it cannot be avoided.
9. Due to the nature of their jobs, locksmiths might have to work under harsh weather conditions.
10. They also require a working knowledge of the environment where they work. Locksmiths must know the in and out of their streets and houses. They must be experts at knowing the shortest possible route to where they are going and must be able to drive really well and fast too..